Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Between - Cyndi Tefft


A love story between a girl who dies in a car accident and the 18th century Scottish Highlander who comes to take her to heaven.

It just figures that the love of Lindsey Water's life isn't alive at all, but the grim reaper, complete with a dimpled smile and Scottish accent.

After transporting souls to heaven for the last 300 years, Aiden MacRae has all but given up on finding the one whose love will redeem him and allow him entry through the pearly gates.

Torn between her growing attraction to Aiden and heaven's siren song, Lindsey must learn the hard way whether love really can transcend all boundaries.
Title : Between
Author : Cyndi Tefft
Publication Date : 01st June 2011

 My review

First of all, I'd like to thank a lot Cyndi Tefft because without her very kind email I probably wouldn't have discovered this book.

This book is a bit different from what I am used to reading but I really enjoyed it, especially Aiden who is really charming. The plot is fast-paced and the story kept me spellbound all along. I really enjoyed Cindy Tefft's writing, it was smooth and the pace didn't falter. All along the book I wanted to know what was going to happen next and Between was very hard to drop.

There are quite a few religious moment but it really didn't bother me. It may annoy some people but in my opinion it doesn’t look like Cyndi Tefft is trying to preach or convince her readers to trust in God. In fact, it was just necessary to her story and well included. It reminds me a bit of The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.

Aiden and Lindsey are really cute, especially Aiden who is quite sexy. The characters are well developed and I enjoyed following them. I also enjoyed the time travel and Scotland and France were well described. There are touching moments between Aiden and Lindsey but also quite a lot of humour in this book. The feelings are numerous and various : joy, sadness, doubt, injustice.

To sum up, I had an awesome time reading this book. It was a quick but poignant read and I was a bit nostalgic at the end to leave the world Cyndi Tefft had created.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your mark :D I'm so sorry I really don't have time to answer to everyone right now but I read them all :D