Monday, June 6, 2011

{Review} Die for me by Amy Plum


In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.
Title : Die for Me {Revenant, book 1}
Author : Amy Plum
Publication : 10th May 2011
Publisher : HarperTeen 
352 pages
This book is the first of a trilogy.

My review

I knew this book would be a hit as soon as I saw the gorgeous and absolutely stunning cover, and also after having followed the wonderful Amy Plum on twitter for a while. And Die for Me has not deceived me, it has met my expectations and even more. It was a wonderful and delightful read.

First of all, what would be a story without hot and sexy boys? Perhaps you already know this but for me male characters are really important in a story and if you agree with me, you won't be disappointed in this book. Between Vincent, Jules and Ambrose I totally melt and was totally unable to choose. Even after having finished it I still don't know which team I am, which is quite rare for me. The three of them are as much sexy and I totally love them. I was waiting for the second book to decide but Amy Plum told me on twitter that there'll be Arthur in Until I Die so I'm not sure my task will be easier.

Kate is also a very kind and interesting character. She seems real, teenagers will easily be able to relate to her. She's touching and we want to protect her, for me, she somehow epitomizes the little sister everyone may have. She seems a bit shy but through the pages we discover that she's in fact very resourceful. All the characters are important for the story and all of them are well described.

Amy Plum's writing is smooth and really pleasant. I was spellbound all along and Die for me was very hard to put down. The mythology developed by the author is really interesting, unique and original. I totally love discovering it with Kate. I saw a lot of people comparing it with Twilight but it really didn't strike me. I actually never thought about it, but I'm not a huge fan, so that may explain why it didn’t. In my opinion, Amy Plum has created a unique and compelling story.

The plot is fast-paced and kept me spellbound. Although there're some clichés for French people the atmosphere was kind of magical, even for me. I'm sure that people who don't know Paris and France will find the descriptions - precise- and the ambiance really wonderful. Some moments were also a bit predictable but it didn't matter because I was totally hooked and Die for me was impossible to put down.

To sum up, I really loved Die for Me and I can't wait for the sequel. I'm really looking forward to reading it, even if the ending is satisfying and doesn't let the reader on a huge cliffhanger. Amy Plum has created a unique world and her writing is really pleasant. I already miss Kate, Vincent, Jules and Ambrose.

Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book! Can't wait to read the second!
    by the way, awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sally for your comment :D I was feeling a bit lonely ^^ And thank you for the review :) I really can't wait for the sequel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your mark :D I'm so sorry I really don't have time to answer to everyone right now but I read them all :D