Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday : Jessica Rules the Dark Side



"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting.



It’s one thing to find out you’re a vampire princess. It’s a whole other thing to actually rule. Newly married Jessica Packwood is having a hard enough time feeling regal with her husband, Lucius, at her side. But when evidence in the murder of a powerful elder points to Lucius, sending him into solitary confinement, Jessica is suddenly on her own. Determined to clear her husband’s name, Jessica launches into a full-scale investigation, but hallucinations and nightmares of betrayal keep getting in her way. Jessica knows that with no blood to drink, Lucius’s time is running out. Can she figure out who the real killer is—and whom she can trust—before it’s too late?
Title: Jessica Rules the Dark Side
Author: Beth Fantaskey
Publication: 10th January 2012
Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books
320 pages

I totally loved the first book, it was often funny, entertaining and Lucius... *swoon* He is one of my favorite male characters. I also loved the short novella available on Beth Fantaskey's website. I was really happy to hear that there'll be a sequel and now I'm really looking forward to reading it. I hope I won't be disappointed, but as I love Beth Fantaskey's writing I'm sure I will love it.

Happy reading and see you next week :)

3 comments:

  1. I've been seeing this one around lately and it looks really good! Definitely putting this on my to-read list!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the first book at Goodwill not too long ago, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Glad to hear you liked it!

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-dark-angel-series.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah Lucius *soupir* lol
    J'avais pas vu ton article ^^ vivement qu'il sorte <3 je suis trop impatiente !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your mark :D I'm so sorry I really don't have time to answer to everyone right now but I read them all :D