Friday, September 2, 2011

Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik



Will Elise’s love life be an epic win or an epic fail?

At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you. Case in point:

As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school—not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.

As the daughter of the new principal, Elise Benton isn’t exactly on everyone’s must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.

When Elise’s beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince’s best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl on campus. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long.

Title: Epic Fail
Author: Claire LaZebnik
Publication: 02nd August 2011
Publisher: Harper Teen
288 pages

My review

A cute romance, a sweet love story, an enthralling and funny plot, here is what is waiting for you in Epic Fail. This novel is the perfect summer book, if you're looking for something refreshing, delightful and entertaining you should definitively check out this one. It will offer you a pleasant and enjoyable read. This book keeps Pride and Prejudice's plot, but it also manages to be quite different and unique. Claire LaZebnik manages to create her own story and she even made me forget the original novel.

I had no trouble at all to dive into the story and I read it really fast as I wanted to know the rest of the story. The plot is fast-paced, well-written and interesting, with many twists. Even if the whole story is fairly predictable that does not stop me from spending a wonderful time with it. For me, it was a real pleasure to read it. Before starting this book, I wanted a funny, cute and interesting story, but also a quick-read and I must say that Epic Fail has totally met my expectations and even surpassed them.

Claire LaZebnik's writing is totally smooth, pleasant and often full of humor. The action is interesting, fast-paced and well-written. She managed to surprise me and I did not expect some events. The characters are endearing whether it's Elise, her sisters or Derek. Elise has a sharp tongue and I often laughed or smiled at her adventures. Finally, Derek is really charming and I may have fallen in love with him.

To sum up, if you are looking for a serious novel, then this book is not for you. However, if you like Pride and Prejudice, if you want a summer reading, a cute love story, often funny, then Epic Fail is exactly what you need and you should check this one out. I read it really fast, it was refreshing, light and delightful. It put me in a good mood and I now want to read Claire LaZebnik's other books. 

Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your mark :D I'm so sorry I really don't have time to answer to everyone right now but I read them all :D